In 2002 the Texas Labor Management Conference established a Hall of Fame to recognize individuals who have made a significant
impact on labor/management relations while serving as a management official, union official or in academia.
It is once again that time of year for you to submit your recommendations for someone whom you believe has contributed to
labor/management relations in such a way as to warrant receiving the highest honor from the Texas Labor Management Conference –
Induction into the TXLMC Hall of Fame.
As you consider an individual for nomination, we would ask that you consider the following criteria and only nominate individuals who have:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the labor/management relations field while serving as a management official, union
official or in academia;
- Held important leadership roles in the labor/management relations field while serving as a management official, union official
or academia; and,
- Made a significant impact on labor/management relations while serving as a management officials, union official or academia.
Once a potential nominee has satisfied the above three criteria, the Board will evaluate the nominees based on the above and the
- Has the nominee participated in past Labor/Management Conferences, if so, in what capacity, (Donor, Participant, Producer, or
- Is the nominee’s labor/management philosophy consistent with cooperation and collaboration between labor and management?
- Is the nominee’s continuous action in the field of labor/management relations an indication that he/she is committed to joint
- Has the nominee previously received recognition for their outstanding contribution in the field of labor/management relations?
- Has the nominee exhibited courage in the fostering of collaborate relations between labor and management?
The Board will consider applicants in the field of Labor/Management Relations and will select a maximum of 3 inductees, one each
from the Private Sector, Public/Federal Sector and Academia. If one from each category cannot be found, the selectees may come
from the same category.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please call or e-mail Walter Darr at (713) 315-1788 or WDarr@fmcs.gov.
Click here for a nomination package 2023 TXLMC Hall of Fame Nomination Solicitation Letter