2018 TXLMC Conference Program (click here for pdf version)
Wednesday, July 11
Registration held from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Opening and Welcome begin at 1:00.
Plenary sessions: 2:00 – 4:30.
Plenary speaker: Joe Bontke, Deputy Director, Outreach Manager, Houston District of the U.S. EEOC, “The Art of Civility” followed by table sessions
Evening reception begins at 5:30.
Thursday, July 12
Workshops begin at 8:30 am
Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon
Hall of Fame speaker: Rick Levy, President, Texas AFL-CIO
Workshops and speakers to include:
- Hitting the Wall and Recovering: An LMC Journey
- Collaborating To Create A Peer Review Process
- Steps to Ensuring an Efficient Arbitration Process
- Building Trades – Joining forces in the Face of Hurricane Harvey
- Westlake Chemical and the IAMAW : A Bargaining Success Story
- Calibrating the Success of Your Labor-Management Committee
- Safety as a Collaborative Venture
- Union Officer, Member, or Employer? Reporting Requirements for Public Disclosure
- Behind The Scenes: Collective Bargaining in the Performance Arts
- Utilizing Labor’s Capital As A Catalyst to Grow Market Share – a presentation to benefit both Labor and Management
Free evening to explore and enjoy San Antonio Riverwalk, the Alamo, and other attractions.
Friday, July 13
Plenary Session begins at 8:30
Plenary Topic – The Arc of Dispute Resolution: Negotiation, Mediation, and Arbitration
Check out at 10:00
Final Plenary begins at 10:30
Closing remarks and door prizes
Conference ends at 11:30